Monday, January 12, 2015

2015

"It may be unfair, but what happens in a few days, sometimes even a single day, can change the course of a whole lifetime."  As I read this in The Kite Runner, it hit me over the head.  The latter part of 2013 and most of 2014 beat me up pretty bad.    I went into a situation where I thought had nothing to lose and I lost a lot.    A whole lot.   I am not sure if the course of my lifetime is changed, but I am certain my outlook is.   Lessons learned.   Trust betrayed.  Concerns flippantly dismissed.  Respect diminished. Relationships dissolved.  Bitter pills swallowed.  Voices silenced.   Doubts linger.   I cried a lot and prayed a lot in 2014.   

2014 was glum  and ultimately put me in my place.  My place is HOME.  My place is serving those who I love and care for most.  My place is making the home and the life that I want my family to have.  My place is behind the keyboard writing, behind the sewing machine creating, behind a book learning, in the crowd cheering.   So for 2015, my resolution/goal/concept/rally cry is "IN PLACE".  I am not talking just about all the stuff, but people, priorities and attitudes.  2015 will be about picking up pieces and taking out the trash.  Finding balance and restoring center.  Finishing things up and moving on.   And celebrating the progress and loving the moment.  
In Place.  2015.  Go.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment