Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Cinnamon Roll Waffles

I was on Pinterest the other day and saw this great idea.  Pinterest; great idea; shocking isn't it?  While genius, the idea wasn't too brain busting, so I filed it away upstairs.  This morning, I put it to work for breakfast.  
First, get out your waffle maker and plug it in.   
Next, you open a can of Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls.  
Wheew, that was pretty difficult.    If necessary, take a moment to wipe the sweat from your brow.  
Now, you stick one cinnamon roll in the hot waffle maker.  I turned mine a little lower than I do for waffles.  If your waffle maker is larger, go for multiples!  

Close that lid and about 60 seconds later, you have a cooked cinnamon roll waffle.  Let your kids add the frosting and it looks like this.....
The waffles get a little crisp on the outside, but still have the soft cinnamon roll feel on the inside.  It did make my waffle iron a little messy, it was not difficult to clean.  
This is a little more sweet than our usual school day breakfast, but we added some cantaloupe and sausage and everyone loved it.  
If you will excuse me now, I need to spend some time pondering some of life's big questions.  First and foremost, what else can I make into an adorable little waffle?



1 comments:

.....Elizabeth..... Polka Dot Skies said...

These are so cute! I gave my waffle iron away years ago because I never used it...tutti fruitti!

Post a Comment