Saturday, January 4, 2014

2014..... Get Set!

Ahhhhhh!  It is January 4 and I still have yet to firmly embrace the New Year.  Maybe it is being home with the kids and the fact that not much really changed at the stroke of midnight.  Maybe I am a little overwhelmed at the things I would like to do and see happen in 2014.  Maybe I just need a little bit of quiet time.  In search of that, I ran away from home for a little bit this afternoon.  I got a pedicure.  I was drawn to dark royal blue polish this time.  Very uncharacteristic.  RED is my signature color.  You know you want to say that in a Southern Draaaaawwwwll as Julia Roberts did in Steel Magnolias only pink was her "signachuh cullah." Anyway, I picked a shiny blue polish off the shelf and looked at the name of the color....I always look at the name of the color.  People get paid to name those colors and I want to see just how clever they are and I want to see if the name of the polish speaks to my mood.  And the color was called Resolution by China Glaze.  What!?! Even my nail polish choice was telling me to get it together.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I interrupt this post to let you know that my son is walking around the house blowing a duck call and I am not sure if I want to bust out laughing or scream.   I just laughed.  Now my daughter is playing jingle bells on the same duck call. 1)I hope no one has the flu.  2) HOW DO I EVER GET ANYTHING DONE?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So I have thought and thought and I have a list a mile long of this and that and little things that I want to do, but I do believe that I have distilled it all down to one goal or resolution  or mantra if you may.

Drum Roll Please.....................

In 2014, I will live by this quote from Dr. Howard Thurman, author and pastor.

"Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive."

Ok, lets be honest.  I found the quote on Pinterest.  I had to research the source.  Buuuuut, inspiration can be found anywhere.  Right?  

And that's where I am today. Getting set!  Looking at the things that make me come alive!  At the present moment, post homemade spaghetti and meatballs, post shoving the last of the Christmas decorations into the attic, that is a book and a bubble bath!  Excuse me while I get to livin'!  



1 comments:

Unknown said...

I came alive today. I picked out the tile for my bathroom makeover. Is it a makeover if the bathroom has never been usable in the time I owned it? Anyway and then I stumbled into a furniture store to pick out a simple accent chair and ended up with a whole new family room. Thanks Katy for inspiring me!

Post a Comment