Sunday, January 5, 2014

2014.....GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So what makes me come alive?
Taking perfectly lovely fabric, cutting it to pieces, mixing it with friends and making it into something beautiful.
 For Babies

 For Friends

 For Graduations

For Raffles

For Special Teachers......
You get the idea, right? 

Hand pleating miles of net to become a tutu.

My first tutu- a Halloween costume for my little girl. 


Making a pair of jumbo size pants into pants that fit.




Reading.  I love big books and I cannot lie.  I have about 60 ready and waiting in my old school keyboard Kindle!

Writing.  I enjoy putting thoughts into words onto paper.  Sometimes they take me on an adventure I didn't see coming.  Sometimes they give an answer I couldn't find.  Sometimes they are just for fun.

Cleaning.  Just seeing if you were paying attention.  If you know nothing about me, you would still know that I hate cleaning!  I love clean though.  Weird, huh?

So this year, I am going to make 12 quilts.  Yep.  One a month!  I made my list and I would really like to make 16 quilts, but that kind of put me in panic attack mode, so I am going to go with 12.

I am also going to read 12 books this year.  It is not much, but I am making 12 quilts, so back off!

I am going to make another tutu and dive a little deeper into costuming.  And I am going to take another 2 pairs of jumbo pants and make them fit.  It will be my Super Bowl Sunday tradition.

Finally, this is the toughest one of all, I will clean up my sewing area to help maximize efficiency.  I will also clean out one cabinet a week to purge this place of excess and help me be a little more clean.

I am going to bring JoY to the World (sing it!) one stitch at a time.  That's my dream.  And you are coming along and I am going to write about it all!






1 comments:

.....Elizabeth..... Polka Dot Skies said...

These are great goals! Your quilts are all gorgeous! I love the once upon a time... You are so talented!

Post a Comment